25.00 flat rate shipping

Audiogon sent me an e-mail yesterday that for 25.00 you can advertise a piece of equipment and pay no commission. You can also Include you're phone # in the ad. What is you're opinion about this?
taters
If a member's account was hacked, would the hacker have the ability to edit the profile?
04-22-13: Tls49

Tls49,

Yes. But if the hacker changes something in the members profile the agon system sends an email to the member's Verified email address that is on file with Agon.

Recent changes have been made to your AudiogoN account information. If you made these changes, there is no further action required.
If you did NOT request these changes, Please notify Audiogon Support immediately by clicking here

The hacker does not want the real username Agon member to know his account has been hacked.

The idea is to use the true username and his/her 100% feedback for the bogus ad listing.

The hacker conveniently lists his email address in the ad so a potential buyer can reach him/her directly. Very nice of the hacker.

Question comes mind.... If a hacker lists a phone in a bogus ad does the Agon automated computer system compare the phone number listed on the ad to the username profile phone number?
Well, all that matters is the buyer and seller can talk and exchange info and be sure all is on the up and up. I always talk to buyers and sellers on expensive deals. One can quickly get a sense of the person with a phone call.

I have never had a problem with anyone willing to talk to me. I pass on deals when folks don't.