questions for TW Acustic Raven One owner

what is the characteristic of this table? in many of the reviews I've read, TW Acoustic tables seems to have a rich, dark, full sound that is very romantic and musical.
How does your bass sound? is it tight and punchy?

Please clarify if you're using a mat, as I think this is important info.

Thanks in advanced!

scar972
I had a TW Raven 1 till recently and i agree about dark and slightly thick sounding description. I had tried various arm, carts, accessories like TTW copper mat,Bostom Mat 1,weight/clamp and different platforms. The last arm I tried was the Transfi T3 Pro with a custom wand with silver leads direct to phono pre and this was the best sounding combination on the R1 to my ears and in my setup, more open,better clarity and expanded sound depth and height. Unconventional pairing but It worked even better than the Phantom II in my case.
My arm also uses silver wiring plus my phono and cart is extremely revealing so I think the Raven One will fit in well. I do plan on adding the ttweights copper mat for some top end sparkle if neccessary.

Jaspert, what table did you end up going to?
I agree with the rich, musical solid sound, good base. It is certainly the best deck I have had in my system, by a good way and is here for good. I use an Ortofon 309D arm and either Koetsu onyx or Benz micro LP, both wonderful cartridges.
I am interested in comments about mats and clamps. I have'nt tried them, but was struck by the Stereo Mojo review of TTweight accesories on the Raven one, a while ago. If anyone else has advice on their merits, I would appreciate it.
Quite interesting Jaspert

those are some very SOLID turntable choices,while I remember you were a vocal owner of the TW Raven 1.By no means am I questioning your choices,I am however, curious as to which of your current tables made you sell the TW? what strengths made you move forward

-braab