Best Tubes results for McIntosh C2300

OK, The McItosh C2300 preamp has been out a while. What are some opinions on tube replacement (brands)? I have about 375 hours on mine with original valves. Getting near time to roll. Please chime in...
dougdubin
By no means are the tubes ending their useful lifespan.The 12AX7A is a 10,000 hr tube so rolling is purely optional. As for rolling options are you thinking Old Stock or current production?
If you want to try a good current production tube you may want to try the Tung Sol Re-issue. Be sure to get the tubes from a dealer who really screens them.
For Old Stock the choice requires more about your tastes. IMO the Tung Sol is a fairly neutral tube tonally.
If you want a foil for the Macs inherent warmth think about German tubes with Telefunkens being the most obvious but Valvo which are warmer and Siemens a clean strong signal are clearly considerations.In that direction Ei Silver bullets now a NOS tube are crisp.
Unless you know of a tube that has the sound you want you may want to avoid the maddening world of tube rolling and collecting a slippery slope indeed. It's an addiction for some... beware.
For one the Mac c2300 is not a warm sounding pre amp. It is rather neutral.
the telefunkens are extremely good. they added some dimensionality and texture while maintaining the neutrality.

Mullards were less successful for some reason.

Are you looking for just the prem amp section of the two phono sections as well.
I suggest the Telefunkens for the phono section (MM or MC) and the reissued Tung Sol gold pins for the line stage. Will be rolling mine soon, too, with this setup
I concur with the Telefunken recommendations. I used them in the MC and line stages and left the stock tubes in the MM stage which I never used.

Once I put them in, I never thought about tube rolling again and they were perfectly reliable for the 2.5 years I owned the C2300.