Best way to spend $2k on a used Turntable & Arm?

I have a limited budget to spend on a used table and arm combo. I have a new Grado $120 cart. but could consider a complete outfit incl. cart. for $2k. I have liked the sound of the Sotas and perhaps Linn but think that I like the sound of the Sota better. I am curious about maybe VPI, Rega or Clearaudio, or anything that will maximize performance in this limited price range. I used to own a Music Hall MMF 5 but was not knocked out with it. Of course I like tubes and will get a phono pre separately. Thanks for the help.
cine100
I was wondering about the 3mo old Nottingham Spacedeck w RB 250 arm and a new Grado Sig. for 1350.00. I used to be a Rega dealer and also like them. I don't mind used. Of course I want a good deal like everyone. I don't think that I want a lot of fuss with set up and maintenance unless that is necessary for good sound. The suggestions about the Acoustic Signature and Origin Live interests me. I'm trying to not get to overwhelmed with all of the choices. Obviously VPI is popular and must sound good. I just don't have experience with them. The Linn LP12 takes meticulous adjustment and buying used there concerns me. I also seem drawn to the Clearaudio decks as well. The Concept seems to be plug and play. Thanks again for the help.
I have owned many VPI tables(from the Junior to the Scoutmaster).With the right arm and cartridge they have all performed very well!!! They can be a bit "tweaky." The Classic looks as though it would be easy to use.
Transnova, how would you compare the VPIs with the Acoustic Signature that you mentioned previously? It seems to be coming back to the VPIs. How about the different VPI models that you mentioned? Was any particular one the best value? There is a TNT for 1995.00, but that would totally blow my budget w/ an appropriate arm, cart, and phono. The Classic does seem to get a lot of "buzz". There is one of those w/ a Scout Acrylic platter. I really want to make a good choice and so appreciate all of the help from everyone. I am taking all of these suggestions under advisement.
I have gone with the Manfred for several reasons.I love the look of the real wood veneer base.The speed is dead-on.The sound is nimble and fast,yet full toned at the same time.The Rega arm is less "tweaky" than the current VPI unipivot arms.The Scout is a terrific value and not as complicated as the current high end tables or the HW-19 series.The best value in the Hw-19 series was the JR.The suspension(sorbathane pucks)was easy and solid.With a Rega or AQ PT series arm those tables provided great sound and a great value.Of course,the JR could be upgraded to your heart's content!!!
Doesn't the Manfred also have a maintenance free bearing? I don't mind having something that is "less common". I may be using a Mastersound tubed phono preamp with my selection. Thanks again.