Best way to spend $2k on a used Turntable & Arm?

I have a limited budget to spend on a used table and arm combo. I have a new Grado $120 cart. but could consider a complete outfit incl. cart. for $2k. I have liked the sound of the Sotas and perhaps Linn but think that I like the sound of the Sota better. I am curious about maybe VPI, Rega or Clearaudio, or anything that will maximize performance in this limited price range. I used to own a Music Hall MMF 5 but was not knocked out with it. Of course I like tubes and will get a phono pre separately. Thanks for the help.
cine100
Buy a Lenco L70, L75, L78 and modify the plint and then put a Rega RB 300 OL modified with an Audio Technica AT33 cartridge. If you want something better you need many thousands of dollars.
I have owned many tables,and for me,The Manfred is a keeper! I currently use a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood cartridge fed through a Perreaux phono preamp and am very happy with the set-up.I also have several vintage Dual CS-5000 tables with various Ortofon cartridges in other systems.They sound very good,but are not in the same league as the Manfred.The Duals are semi-automatic and do pick-up and turn off at the end of an album side.

If you are interested in a Manfred(with RB-250) let me know and I'll put you in touch with my dealer.
Unless you are a DIY type, I would avoid a NOS turntable - just in case anything needs to be adjusted/repaired. A new production table and arm with a warranty that comes from a local dealer may be the best bet for you. Many local dealers cary Rega and VPI and you can sit and audition them. Trust your own ears.
I really have to thank everyone for the incredible suggestions. Even as a 26 year home electronics industry professional, I have a lot to learn. I was not even aware of the Lenco tables. I would have a hard time going to a local dealer. They are almost nonexistent in N.M. anyway. I don't mind dealer closeouts or specials, but I don't think that I need to take up their time to make a good choice. I do now feel like I could include the phono stage into my $2k budget and still get good performance with the right selection & set up. I don't guess anyone would know how the new Clearaudio Concept w/ arm & cart. compares @ 1500 list?
"Meanwhile there is a nice looking Rega P25 and a VPI Scout"

Questions: Do you want to buy new or used? Are you good at installing cartridges? And what are you seeing used that seems like a good deal?

I'm biased towards Rega, besides excellent sound for the $$, there's the simplicity factor. Both Rega & VPI, everybody knows all the models, if you get a good deal on one, they're pretty easy to unload, & hopefully not lose much......