Analog upgrade path for less than $1200

I have recently gotten the LP bug after getting a AT95e cartridge and AT preamp for my 33 year old Technics SL1300 table. I know there is better sound to be had here and need some input on upgrading.

Audio refinement - The Complete
EPOS - M12
12' x 14' dedicated room
Primarily classic rock, country and some jazz
gmc56
Thanks for your input. Table's still works great. Any specific suggestions on cartridge's and preamp's?
Consider going used for the phonostage, your money will go a lot further. Make a point that your stage and cartridge are an ideal match, not something "that will work together." Think about a 1K budget for the stage and cartridge. That will be a nice compliment to your rig. If you really like how things go, you can move them to another table later.
I don't know what cartridges will mate well with your arm (low compliance, medium compliance, high compliance), but I suspect it will be high compliance. You need to figure that out and then decide whether you are going the MM or MC route. Your cartridge will dictate what type of phono preamp you need unless you go for a high output MC and then the preamp requirements will be the same. Cartridges are such a personal choice.

Since Raul has heard every cartridge known to man and even some that aren't, I am sure he could tell you exactly what cartridge and phono section you should buy that would go perfect with your table.
go with the KAB technics, it can not be beat for the $$ as long as you go with Kevin's arm re-wire, dampener trough, and PS upgrades.
Denon DL 103R- $198.00 new
Rega P3 turntable- $300-400 used.
Graham Slee Reflex C Phono amp- $628.00 new