thoughts on the Madrigal Carnegie One

I recently purchases a clear audio turntable through Audiogon to replace an mmf5 and have started to look for a cartridge that would be an upgrade over the goldring 1012 that came with the mmf5. My local shop recommended a Madrigal Carnegie One with very low hours on it. As this is an older cartridge I can't find much in terms of reviews online. The other alternative they suggested in my price range was the Sumiko blue point. Anyone here have experience with the Madrigal? Any toughts on the sound and how it would compare to the blue point or the goldring?

Thanks
sballs
A proper used value for that piece is between $275 and $375. Old or not, it is well worth that amount.
If you brought that old Carnegie into a stereo store and tried to sell it you would be lucky if they gave you $100 in trade. I certainly wouldn't pay more than $275 for it.
You know, audio is a lot like an ice cream parlor. It's all about flavors where one man's trash is another man's treasure. Me? I like a lot of flavors, and I wouldn't have at any other way. :)
I was going to try one of these a couple months back. Someone (with little or no feedback) had a NOS for sale at 595. I just happened to catch the post when it was under 10 views. I sent a full price offer email and a system full price offer. I did not hear back until the next day when the seller said that he had _so many_ offers and that I could make a (much) higher offer--I guess I was the first offer- he never said.

I thought that this was not in the spirit of Audiogon so I passed. Someone else though here thinks these are good...

I heard they are dry sounding.

Comments?

Peter
I wonder if that was the same guy that offered a pair of VTL amps on Audiogon and claimed that so many people responded that he obviously priced them too low and wanted me to pay more than his original asking price. He tried to tell me that he had already received offers that were $200 over his original asking price and wanted to know what I was willing to pay. I didn't take the bait either. It did make me mad though.