Is MOFI L. Ronstadt Prisoner in Disguise better?

I recently purchased the MOFI release of The Prisoner in Disguise LP. I was really disappointed. The original totally smokes this re-release. The original goes deeper, vocals are much better and the presentation is more natural. MOFI, what is going on? I am noticing this more and more with MOFI. Is anyone else experiencing similar outcomes? I guess I'll go to the Flea Market from now on. It is not even close. My original copy is not even a mint copy and it is still better and plays better throughout the whole record. A major waste of 35 bucks.
tzh21y
It just sounds horrible. It is not better at all. The voices are clearer and there is more focus on the original. The drums go deeper. It is just much better on the original. I guess I am just disappointed because I was expecting great things.
I recently bought a copy of ,Santana,that sounds ,dull,flat.Drives me crazy ,I have a copy of ,Rickie Lee Jones,that sounds so good!!! Both are MFSL ,Original Master Recording.Ironic that I paid 34.00 for the crappy sounding one,and only 2.00 used for theGREAT sounding copy,hmm.I would love to have some GREAT sounding MFSL LPs ,but not willing to spend another 34.00 for a CHANCE to own a GREAT sounding copy!
I have the MOFI Roy Orbison Greatest Hits and found it quite disapointing too ..........
My experience with MOFI vinyl is very few of them, perhaps 20%, surpass the original pressings.

An exception is Crime of the Century which is one of MOFI's shining stars IMO.

At the other extreme are Sticky Fingers and Aja which have been totally butchered by the engineers.

YMMV
I have some of the older ones from the 80's and they are decent, obviously going downhill from then