Next upgrade?

Just looking for an opinions on what my next upgrade should be. I have a VPI HW-19 Mk. III with a Rega 300 tonearm. The cartridge is a Grado Reference Platinum. This goes straight into the phono section of a Mcintosh MA6900. I have about $500 to spend on an upgrade, and didn't know where to go next. I'm leaning towards a new cartridge (Dynavector 10x5) and getting a Mint Tractor to align it. But maybe all I need is a phono stage? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
helmuthed
You can upgrade the opamp and regulator in the Mcintosh MA6900 phono stage with those Burson kits... then you will have some change left.

Here's a blog post on another Mcintosh upgrade using the Bursons.

http://bursonaudioblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/mcintosh-c15-upgrade-with-burson-hd.html
Rewire the Rega (easy to do;ask instruction manual+ wire by [email protected]) and get a Mint Tractor.

Regards,
My suggestion would be another tonearm. Some time ago I replaced TP250 on my turntable with Kuzma Sogi Ref and the result was considerable sound improvement. I know that RB300 is better than TP250, but inspite of that...
I have a Mint LP and it is a great tool. I also have a Dynavector 10/5. Be very careful with these! They bend very (too) easily. This is the 2nd one I have carefully mounted and even though they sound good, to me they are a piece of junk, since I had no trouble mounting Linn K18's and Nagaoaka's using the mint LP. Try one first with your cart. Also get as high powered a magnifier you can get (maybe from a coin shop) and have plenty of natural light. It is about a 2 hour job the first time around. For $500.00 get two Hookers. Best of luck