Oppo BDP-105 Volume Control?

You would think I could find an answer to this question on the Oppo web site, but I can't. In 5.1, or regular stereo mode, can the Oppo BDP-105 be connected directly to a power amp(s) and use the built-in volume control to control level? Or is the built-in volume control only operational on the headphone outlets?
mgattmch
The 105 works fine as a preamp. I have mine hooked up via XLR directly to a pair of W4S Mamp monoblocks. How well it sounds in this configuration will in part depend on the impendence match between the 105 and your amp. And yes per Albertporter's comments, please be careful with the default volume setting as the are at 100. I forgot about that after the last firmware update and nearly fried my speakers. Its beyond me why the default is not 25 or less.
I have a bop-105 that I purchased (very lightly) used.
It sounds great. It's volume up control maxes out at 89.
Is it supposed to go to 100? Is there a setting somewhere that is causing it to go to 89 and not fully to 100?
Hey,

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask a question:

I have a newly bought (off Audiogon) 105, manufacturing date of April of 2016. It's running through AZ cables to my 150w LSA Statement integrated amplifier. The LSA has an infinite (rather than stepped) pot with a tick mark at around the 11 o'clock position. The zero level is at around the 7 o'clock position and it maxes out all the way around at the 5 o'clock position.

LSA stated somewhere in their literature that one would rarely have to turn the volume past the marked 11 o'clock position and this has been true almost all the time. Even at loud volumes through my phono stage or through my Jolida FX 3 DAC, the pot. is rarely past 10.

However, I have to set the 105's internal volume all the way to its max of 100 to attain the same volume equivalence of my original Rotel 1072/Jolida DAC combo. 

Is this just a feature of the 105's internal volume? I've set all the audio settings in the 105 for 2-channel, large speaker playback. yet I read in others' accounts that they are setting their 105's volume at 50 or below.

Any advice?

s