LP Cleaning brush

hi guys,

Just want to know what cleaning brushes are you using for cleaning LPs esp in conjunction with a record cleaner ?
My vpi 16.5 comes with the nylon brush.
Some of my friends don't recommend it as they feel it can possibly scratch the surface of our precious records.
I hear a few recommendations from them but i wish to hear some opinions from the forum which brushes you guys are using when spreading the chemical and scrubbing the Lp.

Thanks for the inputs....
nolitan
After initial cleaning, I am using Hunt E.D.A. Mark 6 brush for regular surface care. So far so good.
I am using a VPI 17 for many years and it never scratched any record.
However if the velvet pads of the suction arm become contaminated with something hard they will scratch your record - I frequently check and clean them, specially before cleaning valuable or irreplaceable LPs.
your friend must be smkoking heavily and can't think of the simple sense .
tell me how can the nylon brush scratch the records vinyl ?

simple right ? it is imposible for the nylon brush to scratch your records so don't worry about .
I use a Discwasher pad for applying the fluid on my VPI RCM. The wooden handle fits my hand really well and since it's rounded, you can rock it back and forth for that scrubbing action. Once the pad wears out, you can send it in for about $6-$7 to have it repadded. I bought 2 or 3 new units, so I always have a new fresh one, then send the old in to get it renewed.

I have been told, (by Theo) that the MOFI brushes are very good also.
Steam, and maybe those cheapy VPI felt brushes. No need for anything else in my cleaning procedure.