benz micro mc3 set up question

I am looking for info on setting up an old Benz Micro MC3. I am using a BAT pk10 BAT vk5i BAT VK500 CJ EV2000,
Oracle MK3 SME V. I have it set at 2.0 grams and 1k load. I have the gain turned up to 18db on the pk10. It is an older cartridge and I think it sounds real good but I hear some gargage on the high end at times and the mid seems rolled off. It may be my imagination or the recording. My question is the load. Has anyone set one up lately and have specs.I am also looking for a different cartridge, possible Benz Ruby 3 or Koestu rosewood. Something that matches up to my system without overkill. Any opinions would be appreciated. I listen to a lot of older rock and blues.
sstauss
Hi Sstauss
This post is great timing.
I acquired a Benz MC3 as part of TT (TNT,ET2)I bought 3 months ago. I knew it had to retipped and sent it to soundsmith. I just got it back this week and am trying it tonight for the first time- it sounds real nice so far.
Its on another TT - SP10mk2 with a JMW 12 arm - loaded at 100 on the dial of my ARC SP11. Started at 2.0 gms and now 1.9gms. The range is 1.8 - 2.2.
Chris
I had a MC3 for over 10 years... I was always happy with it... you have it loaded correctly at 1 Kohm and 2 grams... it should have good midrange not rolled off at 1 Kohm loading.. check if possibly not mounted correctly??
or maybe needs retip at this point. I now have the Benz Silver Ref. and like it a little better.
Thanks for the responses. I was taking an educated guess at the 1k and 2 gr. It sounds real smooth but on some older recordings it is not right on highs mostly. Mids are usually good I guess. It may need a retip or the recordings are poor. I will listen for a couple weeks to a month before deciding. I am under the impression that this cartridge was fairly high end in it's day. How much did a retip cost and how does this compare to the Ruby 3 or other high end cartridges.