Sony XA5400ES vs Rega Saturn:Which sounds better??

I probably ask this question before in other threads but with some variation of emphasis.. Nevertheless, I interested in upgrading my Rega Apollo. I would appreciate any advice about which player will sound better...that is more musical, with better bass and highs. I have read almost all the reviews, but I have no way of auditioning either player individually or side by side So I must draw on the experience and wisdom of other members who either owned or heard these players

I might have mentioned before, I have no interest in computer audio which I believe the Sony was partly designed to accommodate. I have seen told that the SACD capability of the Sony will enhance the sound quality of standard "red book" CDs This has to be a plus factor for the Sony Thanks, Jim
sunnyjim
having used a Sony S9000ES for over 10 years, I can imagine the 5400ES to sound even better and the build quality of the Sony's are top notch

actually just today, I decommissioned the sony from my system as the computer has taking over its duties :)

but not sure the SACD capability of the player has any translation to the redbook capabilities?
"I have seen told that the SACD capability of the Sony will enhance the sound quality of standard "red book" CDs This has to be a plus factor for the Sony Thanks, Jim "

That's not true. I don't know who told you that but SACD compatibility has nothing to do with redbook sound quality.

I also had a 9000ES. I bought it to try SACD. If you have other sources, the Sony may be a problem. When I had it in my system, it used to make all of my other components sound bad. I haven't heard the 5400, but there has to be a chance the same thing will happen. I would consider other brands and not just Sony.
Post removed