Replace tnt2 springs with new vpi isolators?

Hello, I had a VPI HW19MKIV and had ordered the new VPI isolators for it to replace the suspension. Well I recently bought a TNT2 that came available and sold the HW19. The isolators are probably another couple of weeks before I get them. I was going to ask Mike at VPI but they are closed this week. Does anyhone know if the isolators would fit the TNT2 and if its worth trying the conversion. Was hoping to put the TNT together this weekend. Any advice appreciated. Thx. Chris
128x128ct0517
They are listed under the HW19 section only - but looking at the springs on my HW19mkIV - they are the same as the ones on the TNT2 except for the 3 bearings on top of the HW19 version. Mike was saying they have been selling quite a few and people were really happy with the rigid suspension so wanted to give it a try. Any thoughts on doing this from anyone.
Thats funny. Prior to selling their own isolators, I spoke with Mike at VPI regarding my VPI HW19 Mk.IV table, and the possibility of a new Tonearm. I have a very well renowned ZETA Tonearm, which works best with the best MC cartridges out there...Koetsu.....Benz...Zyx...etc....Low Compliant MC cartridges. Anyway, Mike wanted to sell me the JMW 10.5i Memorial Tonearm, with armboard for $2100.00......He said that the only reason that the HW19 series was discontinued, was because they were very expensive to make, but a great table, and preferred to the Scout and Airies. He told me that with the new JMW arm, Id have a Table that would be tough to beat. He also told me to leave the sprung suspension...he told me that I could use the sorbothane pucks, or the Toys R Us Swimming Noodles, cut down, to give me to solid table, no springs, but was sure Id prefer the Springs, as he does himself. Now that they are selling their own product, all the sudden he is pushing them Isolation pucks...seems more of a business angle to me. He said that the airy suapension of the springs on the HW19 MK.IV was very hard to beat, and better than the non suspended version of the same table. Ray
Ray -I am not sure but Mike probably personally prefers the spring suspension. He was just telling me what others have been saying to him and for $50 dollars its worth switching out and just giving it a try. Let your own ears decide which you prefer.
I got the tnt up and running but am having problems with the PLC - the older one with dials. TNT runs fine without PLC but with it - it dies after about 15 mins.
Found out that that back dial is for voltage for motor noise only and front dial is for speed. If someone has a technique for setting this it would be appreciated.
otherwise I intend to turn nut on back fully clockwise then start turning counter clockwise till noise is minimal but stll runs.Then I will adjust the front dial and hope it works.
I opened it up and sprayed the IC's with cleaner and will let it sit for the day to dry out ad try again.
Chris
Hi Chris,

Yes Mike told me I could try both ways myself also, but said in end Id return to springs. I too have the Dial PLC, and had a problem, dont remember what it was, but Mike sent me another one, that was sent in to them, and told me to switch out a certain IC, but my problem ended up resolved, and the one he sent me, only problem was that the transformer had broken loose from it anchoring to the bottom of the box, very simple fix, and I use that on my second turntable system. It was nice of him to send me another unit, he may do the same for you, especially if you are contemplating a new table. Ray