Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Raul,

If it makes you happier and gives your opinion a little more fact, the AC3300 places the G5 exactly on the null points and at the exact overhang and off-set when you use the MC-A armwand, which is what I am doing. Now, believe that churlishness or ignorance should be no excuse to try this gem.

If you wish to continue giving opinions in complete ignorance and are not willing to learn any longer, so be it and good luck. I will not respond again until you have the relevant knowledge to comment.
Raul,
I don't want to start another subject. Since from the begging it is already a moot point. But just the example: do you know how old the wire on that Empire 1000 XE/Z is? Probably 40 year old. And do you know how long is the wire there? I afraid to say that I use device that is more than 30 year old and full of electronic components. This Accuphase C-220 is very good performer. Probably wire inside the enclosed headshell can be improved, but this is not we should be worry about in this excellent (as reported) cartridge. May be this enclosed headshell plays some magic with mechanical resonances. I speculate: it can give a notch above their brethren such as Astatic MF-100.
I've seen enough of new crappy carts with fresh off the mill wiring and you-name-it headshell wires and tonearm cable. Mechanical properties of vinyl playback are magnitudes more that interconnecting wiring influence.
Dear Dgob: +++++ " A curiousity around its stellar performance is the fact that I use mine in my Audiocraft AC3300 tonearm with the s-shaped wand. This means that overhang and off-set are way off the standard and, obviously, cannot be adjusted in their permanent headshell. " +++++

due to this statement that you posted I give my opinion and now you come here , with prepotence ( big man. ), to tell me that that statement was not true ( was/is false. ) because the cartridge was/is set up on target!!!!!!!

Before you make false statements analize what you are posting because the answers will be of what you posted. The relevant knowledge?, that " relevant knowledge " comes on what you posted. Useless to go on.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Raul,

Your confusion is easily answered.

1, I was using the AP-300S, which did not quite meet the overhang.

2. I replaced it with my MC-A armwand which does.

Your comprehension skills and mental stability not withstanding, I hope that helps

Cheers again
Raul,

On my suggestions, they stem from your willingness to cast opinions about everything and every cartridge ever made and enter a thread about Glanz before declaring:

"I don't want to follow on this Glanz subjects. I think I already write my opinion/worries."

Don't get so stressed out. Ignorance is everyone's option. My change to the MC-A was intended to remove your considerable prejudice to learning and trying something new. This latter fact leads to my concern about your mental stability - given your professions elsewhere to the contrary.

Now I can conclude this matter by suggesting you return to the Glanz thread when you know the cartridge and - therefore - what you are talking about. That's it...

Cheers