Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
The h/s connector to stylus distance is 50 mm, which is good for many FR tonearms (probably Ikeda as well) and for my L-07D. I have to find it. BTW, Empire XE/Z body can be purchased on Y!J and original styli from Garage A Records.
Hi Raul and Siniy123,

Thanks for sharing your views, information and opinions. Yes Raul, the Spu cartridges for example have a 52mm distance and are easily optimised engaging the same methods.

Siniy123, I will try it in my Ikeda once I have the time. Also, thanks for the heads-up about the 1000 ZE/X. I gave Raul my Empire because it was in a poor condition and (as with the M20FL Super and Andante P76) its bass performance was very hifi-ish. I might try it once I see enough feedback from a range of convincing users to merit my giving it another go.

If you get the chance Raul, I repeat that you really should give the Glanz (given your beliefs, maybe a MFG-71L; MFG-71E or G7) a go. Given the fact that there are various recent dialogues about the qualities of vintage cartridges, I don't think you should let the age of the Glanz make you quite so prejudiced.

I'd not claim it/they is/are the "BEST" cartridge[s] ever made at any time but I would place my honour behind my claim that it/they is/are [a] great cartridge[s]. All Raul's guesses are not as weighty as they will be when he has some experience in this area. Nevertheless, I do welcome your comments if not being convinced by certain claims.

Again, a genuine thanks
Dear Siny123: There are at least two important and critical subjects about: one is that those internal wire connectors deteriorate over time making poor connections.
The other subject is that those internal wires are precisely at the source where we have to have the best " connections " all over the audio system. Why don't you make a test? re-wire your audio system with 30 years old cables instead the ones you are using now: you will hear the huge difference in quality performance.

Siniy123, months ago I re-wire my Velodyne's ( the wire that goes from internal amplifier to the woofers. ) where I change a 50-60cm wire for a better one and even that is not easy to be aware of this kind of changes in a subwoofer the quality performance was/is really better.
Now imagine a change of wires at the source.

I don't want to follow on this Glanz subjects. I think I already write my opinion/worries.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Raul,

If it makes you happier and gives your opinion a little more fact, the AC3300 places the G5 exactly on the null points and at the exact overhang and off-set when you use the MC-A armwand, which is what I am doing. Now, believe that churlishness or ignorance should be no excuse to try this gem.

If you wish to continue giving opinions in complete ignorance and are not willing to learn any longer, so be it and good luck. I will not respond again until you have the relevant knowledge to comment.