Spacer between cartridge and headshell on Breuer

Hi Musiclovers!
I just got hold of a Breuer 8 tonearm.
To my surprise I had to use spacers between my cartridge PC-1 and headshell to get arm parallel with turntable.
There was one spacer with the arm, made of propably same material as Raven One turntable (black and dense).
I use Raven One with Breuer.
That wasn´t enough I had to make an extra, didn´t have this dense material had to use softer.
Has anyone experienced similar, I´d be happy to know.
PC-1 is approximately 17mm heigh.
No experience with other cartridges.

Many Thanks!
clabe
HI Clabe

I have seen a guy use a spacer on his Breuer for that reason, and it came from Graham Engineering, same shape as the Phantom headshell, but it looked ok in the pictures. That would be your easy solution.

Your other option, and Jeff from High Water Sound says he has almost the same problem with is Breuer on the Raven One/Two is that with that arm cart and table combo the spacer for the armboard is a touch to thick so he cannot get the back of the arm down as much as he likes to get a full VTA range of motion if your cart is not too tall.
So if your dealer can have Thomas from TW can make a thinner spacer to put under your armboard, that would solve you problem, or get the new VTA armboard which looks very slick in execution and provides VTA on the fly without compromizing ridgitity.
Hi Pcosta!
You´re an angel, got the message right on spot.
Getting thinner spacer on armboard for Raven One will solve the problem.
Dealer told Thomas to send one.
I wish it was the armboard with VTA on the fly but it cost more than 1000 euro (smart and quick testing different carts).
I´m also waiting for my Mint Protractor.
BTW, instruktions for Breuer was printed on bottom half of a single sheet of paper and no protractor. Not much considering price.
What about antiskating, is there any at all.

Many thanks for taking your time, and the rest of you!
You could also try a copper mat effectively raising the height of the LP same as lowering the height of the cartridge with spacer. The Raven One spindle isn't very long though so you might run out of room with mat + LP + clamp.
I had the same issue when my new Graham Phantom II arrived in June. I fitted it to my TW Raven One but could not get the back of the arm parallel to the platter using my Transfiguration Orpheus cartridge. I spoke to Graham Tricker, the UK importer of the Raven and he advised me that TW had engineered a new stainless armboard base which was 3mm lower in height. He exchanged one for the original armboard base (not the black bronze armboard itself with the stainells collar) and now I can get the arm level to the platter without running out of travel at the arm pillar. No messing around with headshell spacers or copper mats!