Record Cleaning Machine RCM

My present vinyl collection consists of about 100 LPs. On average, I purchase about 3-5 new LPs per year when the annual HI-FI Show comes to town. I've always purchased new with the odd purchase coming from friends for mint condition used LPs. My analog set-up is a VPI Scoutmaster.

I've read some very positive comments concerning the benefits of using a RCM and I'm serioulsy considering purchasing one.

For the money, I'm looking at the VPI HW-16.5 but I've read posts where people are complaining about how hot the unit gets due to the lack of a cooling fan while others have complainted about the noise. Should I be concerned?

My next choice up would be the VPI HW-17 but this unit costs about 2.5x more.

Suggestions / comments?
agiaccio
Hi,
has anyone ever tried any of the Hannl machines?
This here seems the all American self-congratulatory VPI 16.5 cleaning thread --- earplugs welcome, or rather a MUST :-)

In my experience the Hannl is the quietest machine this far I heard. And as far as second hand vinyl is concerned the best results I ever got with the use of that roller-brush (car wash style). Records (quite a lot) given up as uncleanably noisy have actually been made playable.
Just my 2 cents...
A.
Axelwahl, the OP asked about the 16.5 and experiences. I've never heard of the Hannl. I'll have to check it out.

Wendell
A machine that rotates the LP, a set of 3 good brushes, and a good cleaning solution (s) with a vacuum to remove the liquids works best for me. I like the three step method from Audio Intelligent Vinyl Solutions of enzymatic formula, super cleaner and ultra-pure water. Takes a bit longer but it works for me. There are other good cleaners out there also. My point is the 16.5 works for me.
Hi Narrod
just check it out it's on my 'system'.

Hi Lak,
no question, even the Nittys work - mostly - of sorts.
How this can be an 'A rated' piece of equipment beats the hell out of me. I had the most expensive PRO2.
Good service, oh yes!
Well and ear defenders come cheap too. "All a matter of taste said the monkey, and bit in the soap" :-)
Cheers,
A.
I suppose you guys don't want to hear about my $75, Hoover-based, lazy-susan, home-boy RCM. :-) It is every bit as loud as any commercial RCM. VPI has nothing on my plywood and cork Quasimodo machine. Hell, I even have the pleasure of spinning the LPs by hand. With enough liquid refreshment, the "motor" never gets even the slightest bit warm. No doubt about it! My Quasi sucks way more than a VPI! :-)