the most underrated 33 1/3 in history?

my vote is for all "Klaayu"! even the plug in the recent tas is way understated. it was the fact that they were thought to be the Beatles that did them in not what made them great. the world lost interest because they were not and wrote them off as copies, when infact the album rivaled the beatles best. i am a true Bealtes fan, they were/are the best most consistant group there ever was or probably ever will be. but, this does not mean no other band can be at any given time as good. here is where klaatu's defeat ocurred, because they were so great they had to be a beatles copy but when infact they were fantastic originals. while their following albums were not as great as their original self titled "Klaatu" their following albums "hope", "endaangered species", "sir army suit" and "raarities" are well worth the spin. do your self a great favor pick one up their albums and give them a spin and then wonder what may have been had they not been compared to/or mistaken for the Beatles? the art work alone is woth a look. long live KLAATU!
koegz
Martha and the Muffins - This is the Ice Age

One of my fav albums of all time. This album has everything.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/this-is-the-ice-age-mw0000765009

From allmusic.com:

It all came together on this album for Martha & the Muffins. Working with a new producer, a young Daniel Lanois, and a new bass player (Daniel's sister, Jocelyne), the band seemed to have the freedom to produce their sound their way. And it worked in a big way. From the first track, the incredible "Swimming," to the fantastic closer "Three Hundred Years/Chemistry," this album is a multi-layered, unforgettable experience. Mark Gane wrote the majority of the album, and he branches out both in his writing and his playing, while Martha Johnson produces one of her finest songs, the exquisite "One Day in Paris." The humor is still there, but now somewhat bittersweet, as evidenced in the wonderful "You Sold the Cottage," a wonderful companion piece to their single "Echo Beach" in that it showed just how much this band had grown in two years, and how much more mature their sound had become. A very strong album, one that would appeal to a great many tastes if given the chance; not instantly accessible, but well worth the effort of several listens. There are no real highlights, as the entire album is a standout, and also groundbreaking, with several production techniques still being used today. [A Canadian version of the CD was released in 2005.]
I can understand why many thought Klaatu was the Beatles....have their Sir Army Suit LP.