VPI super platter upgrade with JMW 12.5

Problem: I've recently upgraded by TNT 4 with a new Super Plater. Everything's running fine other than my 12.5 arm is more-or-less at the extent of its elevation, which has made it feel a tad wobbly with just minimal thread holding everything in place.

With the thicker platter (I'm guessing 5mm) obviously the arm has to be elevated more than it was in its original set-up

I've managed to achieved a level arm, but my ZYX prefers a slight lift.

Has anybody experienced (and solved) this problem?

Thought there may be some sort of 'spacer' that I can add between the TT base and arm, but seen nothing around.

I'm sure I've installed the platter correctly - not much to get wrong here.

Thanks for reading.
rennie_perth
Thanks for the suggestions. I think the arm-board is a sensible upgrade that VPI need to make available for the older TNT's. I'll get onto VPI and see if they have any other suggestions. They must have had other queries on this.
Rennie, I ran into this same problem when upgrading my VPI TNT 3.5 a number of years ago. What Markd51 says is accurate. VPI went to a taller arm board when they introduced the TNT 6 version of the turntable about five years ago. With the TNT 6 version of the 'table, VPI went to the taller all-acrylic platters. The new Super Platters are the same height as the all-acrylic platters (i.e., taller than the platters on the Mk. 5 and earlier versions of the TNT).

At the time I upgraded my turntable (about four years ago), VPI was making an acrylic spacer to elevate the height of the arm boards. The spacer is designed to sit in the arm board cutout with the arm board sitting on top of the spacer. The result if to elevate the height of the tonearm by a half-inch or so. I am hoping you will find that VPI still stocks the arm board spacers.

Good luck!
Cincy - now that sounds like a promising option. I've emailed VPI so will post the response. Hopefully the spacers come up trumps
UPDATE ON PROGRESS - Had a quick response from Mike at VPI. They carry a 12mm 'sub arm board' ' as Cincy bob said. Only problem here is that it probably wont allow me to lower the arm so (as pointed out from Mike at VPI). So . . . I've rigged up my own insert with a 5mm sheet of a sign writers display board called Forex. It's very rigid and lightweight and can be cut with a sharp Stanley Knife.

RESULT: Works a treat - mechanically and sound - and gives me the latitude for lowering the arm if I need to. I may have to find some longer fixing bolts as the standard ones are only just long enough. But all-in-all a great outcome thanks to all who contributed.

Thanks