TT weight for a Rega P-5

Any need for this? Waste of money or a sonic improvement? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
john_fink
IMHO, the best improvement for this TT is the Rega TTPSU if you don't already have one. Some swear by the Technoweight, Groovmaster subplatter and ruby bearing, rewire, etc. Regas were designed to be simple and to be played so enjoy the music.
Correction Miner42, GROOVETRACER subplatter.
John, unless you are using an aftermarket platter I'd forget about using a clamp for now.
It is my understanding that Rega specifically designs their tables to only be used with their own felt mats, and no other weight added. My dealer has done countless A/B comparisons with their felt mat and something heavier, and swears that in every case, people preferred the Rega felt. Since he does sell other mats, I tend to believe him, since he does have an interest in the other side of the outcome. I just use the felt on my P5. I did not find a clamp to be helpful.
Frank_sm - thank you for the correction. I now have a P7; traded up from my P5. For warped LPs I do use a Michell clamp for Regas and have found it does help tremendously. As stated above, stick with the Rega felt mat. If you feel you must make a change, get a colored rega mat. :)