Stones: Sticky FIngers.....

What is the best sounding affordable, readily available copy of this great record? Im not a collector just a music fan...thanks...Had a reissue a few years back...cant remember which one...didnt have the zipper...sounded very good...
128x128phasecorrect
Look for a clean original. It helps if it says Rolling Stones Records in the dead wax. Not all of them do. I think this corresponds with earlier pressings. It's harder to find a clean one but I think the sound is a cut above the copies without the inscription. You should be able to find these for $10 or less. I haven't heard the MoFi but I'm not a big fan of MoFi in general and you can bet that copy will be much more expensive.
first canadian pressing is reported to be the best. As others have said, it isn't a sonic marvel to start with.
The MoFi pressing of Sticky Fingers is terrible, one of the worst efforts in Mobile Fidelity catalog. The level on the LP is very low and has the smiley face EQ. They are not difficult to find but don't waste your money.

Early pressings are among the best (Rolling Stones Records deadwax, 1841 B'way, etc) but extremely hard to find good clean copies - SF being a popular record played on many a cheap stereo at many a party.

With the Stones, the vibe was more important than the sonics but SF isn't bad, as is Exile. The low point for sonics for the Mick Taylor era Stones wasn't hit until Goats Head Soup.
Best I've heard is the original on Atco catalog # COC 59100.

The MOFI version is dreadful and might be the worst recording they ever released.
THE MOFI IS RIDICULOUS!! It is the most compressed version of mush I have ever heard, super low output as well.. The original if a good clean one will kill it. It can sound very good, but was kinda recorded in a distance on some songs and flat, and then some tracks are excellent... If you want it for Moonlight mile, and like Wild horses the original pressing I have plays nearly perfect in all frequency extremes, great dynamics, very smooth but not flat highs, and the bass is very full, especially on those 2 tracks.