Mint Tractor

I purchased a VPI Scout TT with JM 9 tone arm and Clear Audio Virtuoso wood cartridge and set it up accordingly. I have a EAR 834P Phono amp which runs to a Cary SLP05 Pre. Initially the sound was not good. I was disappointed. I have a Cary 306 CD and guess I was looking for the "Better sound through vinyl" that I'm always hearing about. I purchased the Mint Tractor alignment tool and although time consuming and tedious, WOW. Although settings were off from the manufacturers very slightly, (maybe 1/32 of an inch) when I was finished the difference just blew me away. The lows and highs came in and it was a totally different machine. Very comprable to the 306
markus1299
Markus1299,

The Mint Tractor is the most cost-effective upgrade for any analogue set up. After the set up is complete, it all sounds as if there was a major turntable, arm or cartridge upgrade, without the major monetary expense of course.

Best,

iSanchez

I was very skeptical of the Mint...I set the table up very carefully with the VPI protractor, and much to my amazement, the results was very much better after I readjusted with the Mint. It wasn't very far off with the VPI, but the difference was/is amazing with the Mint
Thanks for the thread, just bought mine. Interesting tips on the VPI 16.5 on the website.