Phono Preamp Suggestions?

I have a Sota Star table, with SME IV-VI arm, and a Shelter 90X cartridge. I would like to upgrade my current phono preamp (Music Fidelity X-LPSv3).

I am using the Denon Prepro as my Preamp, Classe CA-M400 amps, and B&W 802D speakers.

I would like to get something nice that is a good match for the rest of my system, for $1000-$1800. Used or new is fine. Do you have some suggestions?

Additional Info:
- The Shelter cartridge has an output of .65mv
- I am open to SS or Tubes.
- Currently, I think my system is pretty neutral. I would prefer a neutral phono preamp, or maybe something with just a very slight hint of warmth.

Darrell

dmccombs
Thanks all for the comments so far. You've given me a lot to think about.

A friend may be upgrading from his Pass Ono soon. How would this compare to the other phono preamps mentioned here?

Darrell
All I can say is I sold my Pass XONO after I listened to the Allnic H-1200 (on loan to me). The XONO sounded clearer/sterile while the Allnic sounded more organic, more open and magical. It did not have that typical hi-fi sound. If you like the hi-fi sound, the Pass XONO will have it in spades.

No, I did not end up getting the Allnic H-1200 but got it's bigger brother the H-1500 SE and will be getting the H-3000 when funds permit (hopefully soon).
Genesis,

I see someone from Canada has one for sale here, and they also upgraded from the 1200 to the 1500. this wouldn't be you would it?

Darrell
Not me. I know this guy too. I am in Toronto. He too got the H-1500 and is happy with them.
Just curious about the prices of these Allnic pieces. I've never heard of them and can't find prices on the net. If they're as good as you say and reasonably priced, I'd like to know more about them. From the site they appear to be well designed and built.