Rega P3-24, RB300 and Grado Gold... VTA

I can't find any definitive info about matching a Grado Gold cartridge, with its arm height requirements to achieve the recommended VTA, to the Rega P3-24 and RB300 tone arm.

So, this is a request for anyone's knowledge or experience in this regard. Can it be done out of box, or are Rega-supplied spacers needed?

The cost of the TT and Power Supply Upgrade is steep enough for me, so I'd like to use my existing set of almost new Grados. If that is not possible, what would be a reasonable compatible cart for this TT and arm? I assume the RB300 is the currently available default tone arm for the P3-24.

Thanks!
-Gritingrooves
gritingrooves
Spindle height is the same with all the Rega models. Many clamps require more spindle height than the Regas provide even with the stock mat. Of course, Rega recommends no clamp, but...
Wow, shame about this mat/spindle situation. One good thing about my Thorens is that the spindle is on the thick side - sometimes I've had to use a pencil to widen the record hole so it would fit onto it without undue pressure. That means some warped records stay on. I might not be so lucky with the Rega.

Also, I have a thin anti-stat mat that I used to use. Maybe that would help.
I have a Rega P3-24 and I am using the Shelter 201m and Denon DL 301 mk ii cartridges and I believe I need to add the spacers, which I have. Since I am totally new to this, does anyone have a list of instructions or, better still, a video with the step-by-step to insert the spacer? Thanks!
I took the "easy route" and am extremely happy with my all Rega front end. P3-24 table, RB-301 arm, Exact II cartridge, and TT-PSU power supply. The only non-Rega substitution is my Herbie's Way Excellent mat, which to my ears, in my room, with my system, sounds "cleaner" than Rega's felt mat. For me, the easy synergy with all Rega stuff is a beautiful thing.