vintage turntables?

i dont know, but vintage technics, jvc, and pioneer are the only decks ive had experience with, but they have a special appeal to me. it seems to me that theres all these super fancy turntables out there, and im sure they sound really great, but things like funk firm, the pro-ject rpm aren't the same to me. they're not what i picture a turntable to be. anyone else out there feel the same way? i think what it comes down to is the look. maybe i'm just crazy, i dont know. haha
128x128chuckelator
Chuckalator,
Check out the Lencos in my system.
The L75 is a superb vintage table with incredible stability. Stability translates musical dynamics, rhythm and punch.
Beware: A table of this caliber will only lead to vinyl obsession.
Philips 312 is the tt model # I referred to...I looked it up.

God, I loved that tt! It was very unique, simple and sleek in design and didn't sound half bad either!
Mapman, I had a Philips 212 back in '75 that I remember being a very good table. Loved the electronic touch controls! I got me a Linn a few years back, and will probably stay with it.
I remember the 212 I think..used to sell it along with the 312. The two were very similar designs with mostly just different aesthetics as I recall.
Nobodys mentioned AR certainly a venerable vintage table along with Linn, Garrard and Thorens.