Mapleshade tweaks

Has anyone tried any of the various Mapleshade products and tweaks? Are their interconnects as clearly better as they say vs. AQ or Kimber at similar price points? How about their power cords? Do their maple equipment and speaker platforms make enough difference to justify spending $100-500? How about their footers? Their CD treatments? Their Samson equipment racks? Thanks in advance.
Ag insider logo xs@2xkmulkey
RCCC, you have made a point that you don't believe in the products based on your testing and with no details.
On the other hand, no one else has put forth any facts or details that would prove that the products works.
I agree to a certain degree that having different materials as coupling or de-coupling can make a differance in the sonics of ones system.
However Mrdecibel, it seems that your statement against RCCC disclose the fact that because RCCC doesn't believe in the product, you are the one that is bothered.
Everyone has the right to there opinion. Whether anyone likes it or not.
I beleave that Mapleshade makes the products they make because they believe in them. Not for snake oil.
If you try there product and it doesn't make a difference in your system, you can send it back and no harm done.
I've heard there cables and though I appriciate the concept of less is more,I didn't care for what I heard. I can't give any scientific reason why it didn't sound good to me in my system, but it didn't.
I don't mean to offend anyone with my comments, but I believe everyone has the right to voice there oppinion.
Zman, you are right. As the products are returnable no harm no foul. The OP asks for opinions about certain products they sell. I ve given mine which I think is just as legitimate an answer as anyone elses. The OP now sees there is no blanket endorsement and explores further with caution. Seems to me thats the point of a forum. Maple shade makes claims that cannot be verified by scientific method therefore opens themselves to opinionated skepticism or enthusiastic endorsements depending on whos listening. I spend many happy hours listening to my buddies tweaked system even though we disagree on what makes it sound good. (i switched his preamp cable while he was gone and he didnt notice till i pointed it out)
I personally know Pierre and Ron. I use many of the Mapleshade tweeks with very good results. I think many of us have purchased components or tweeks that did't perform to satisfaction in a certian system. Bottom, line it's no one fit all in anything. I've owned may equipment racks and never heard a difference in sound until using a samson 4" stand. A friend bought some unfinished Mapleshade platforms and was not pleased because of the look. When asked about the sound difference he, he said he was highly impressed.
He thought they'd look better. Then he understood the amount of skill and work required to bring these products to their final finish look, and the cost difference of unfinished vs finished. Most of my co-worker are much younger then I and listen to totally difference types of music. Most of what they is lots of what the think is bass. With different equipment or tweeks they find out that what they think the like is actually enhanced upper bass. In most cases they say they have gotten to like the artifical low bass because of the type of music they listen to. Most had not heard leally low bass notes. On the other hand they enjoyed the sound quality of the tweek when hearing music of another type. From my listening with some of the Clearview ic's in my system, I was not as impressed as with the Ebony ic's that I use.
Zman, I have been away from this thread for a few days. I am not bothered in the least by what Rccc said. I want to make it clear that in this game of audio, our ears are the most important tools to make judgements and develop opinions. Facts have less to do with. I do not use any Mapleshade products, but I have met Pierre and have spoken with him on several occasions. I like his recordings and have shared some tweeking techniques with him. Facts . If one says ss is better than tubes (or vis a versa), are there facts to back this up. Not in my experience. I just wonder if people speak with out the use of their ears. Should not be in this game. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. That is all....Enjoy
I've had mixed results as well. I could never warm up to the brass cones under various components. The brass jumper cable strips are a joke and I ended up tossing them. On the other hand I'm using isopads under my TT right now and they seem to provide good isolation and improve the sound. I use the golden helix speaker wire, very natural sounding to my ears. All of these things are very reasonably priced. I do agree that some of the writing in the catalog is over the top, takes some chutzpah to write that stuff.