Teres 260 or Galibier Serac?

I am finally in the market for my next table after 12 years and modding the heck out of an lp12 I am ready. I have also owned during this period a vpi scout, sota and a cj walker. I did not like the scout as I thought it was dark and mushy but the others were ok, Both Thom and Chris' designs appeal to me and appear to be great values. For the time being I am going to stick with the origin live encounter I own and will mount a ZYX yatra on the arm.
Any thoughts as to which table may be better? I am not looking for the table to add or subtract from the music, although I know they all do to a greater or lesser degree. I listen to classic jazz and rock for the most part.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
jp11801
This question has been discussed previously - try a forum search.

"Better" depends on your key criteria and how critically you listen to music. Set up as their designers intended, Galibiers are more convincing on rock music.

The Serac comes surprisingly close to the more expensive Galibier tables and is stunningly good value for money.
I have searched the forum and not seen the two entry level tables compared? What you tend to read is that the tables sound more alike than different but that was before the Teres versus drive. THe comment about rock is great as that is about 50% of my listening.
I leaning towards the Serac table with the Gavia platter but the the new Teres drive has me curious.
I don't think you will go wrong with either choice.

However, after owning a belt-driven Teres in the past, I found some things that I didn't like about the belt-driven design (namely the stretching of the belt-splice over time and the audible sound of the splice passing the motor pulley). YMMV.

I've been very happy with the elegant design of the Teres Verus motor. Mind you, I haven't upgraded to the latest platter design (so I can't speak specifically about the 260). But like I said before, I don't think you will go wrong with either choice. Thom and Chris are a couple of the "good guys" in the industry.