Mosaic Records vinyl prices dropping

Has anybody noticed that the prices for used, OOP, Mosaic Records have seriously dropped in the last couple years? For example, Miles Live at the Plugged Nickle used to go for $500-$600. Now I see auctions that don't sell at $400. It's not just the Miles stuff, either. Any idea as to why? (It's possible I'm just remembering prices right before the 2008 crash.)

Is it the same with Mosaic digital stuff?
kublakhan
Hello Kubla,

So nice to see that your're still around.

Possibly the Jazz afficionados are slowly dying out and those that remain ( like me ) have had their fill. In other words, the market may be saturated. Well heeled Asia is probably mostly buying original, not Mosaic. Just a thought.
Hello Kubla, good to see you at Audiogon again !

I have at least 15 of the Mosaic box sets including the Miles Plugged Nickle you mentioned.

I have not kept track of prices since I have no intention of selling any of these but my perspective is current value versus original purchase price. As I recall, most of these worked out to about $10.00 per disc.

Some of those box sets were give away pricing in the day and why I purchased so many.

The other time I went on a buying binge was when Fantasy (Riverside, Pablo, Contemporary, Galaxy) was pushing CD and priced LPs at 3 for $15.00. I filled my bookshelf and still laughing today that they did that.
Thanks for remembering me, guys! I'm still lurking around on Agon but since I've been traveling for the last 7 years I don't buy anything except LPs for when I finally get home. Albert, I bought a subscription to the Music Matters LPs years ago on your recommendation just before I left the US and they all slowly arrived during my absence and remain unopened! Every month or so I take a peek at the photo of your Technics plinth and lust for the days when I can reestablish a system.

D...I really hope jazz fans aren't dying off! I actually think that sites like Pandora and Spotify might turn some younger people into fans since it's free to listen now.
Albert, I bought a subscription to the Music Matters LPs years ago on your recommendation just before I left the US and they all slowly arrived during my absence and remain unopened! Every month or so I take a peek at the photo of your Technics plinth and lust for the days when I can reestablish a system.

Some of those sealed titles such as Horace Parlan "Speakin' My Piece" has skyrocketed in price already. I think it's up to $200.00 or so. Nice return on your investment while you were traveling.

Thanks for the comments on the plinth. I'm pushing John to get back on building them again now that he's getting caught up on custom furniture and door projects.