Message on Behalf of Recordron

Audiogoners who read the music classifeds know of Recordron (Ron Stein), one of this site's premiere sellers of vinyl. I received an email from Ron last night informing me that he and his wife had been in an auto accident in Tampa and that, due to circumstances beyond his control, he will be temporarily "out of commission" for a while. With Ron's permission, portions of his email to me are printed below:

"Our two collecting friends were driving me and my wife to a Tampa flea market on Saturday morning when he pulled out too far into oncoming traffic and we were were hit by an oncoming car, we are guessing traveling at about 40mph, no skid marks. All things considered we are all very lucky that the results were not much worse - I sustained multiple contusions, including one on a lung. Although I got no broken bones or internal injuries, the soft tissue trauma has caused just about every muscle in my upper body to be extremely sore and weak, no upper body strength at all. I am OK while on my feet, but if I lie down I am like a fish flopping around out of water, I do not have the ability to do much with any of the muscles that would be used to prop yourself up, roll over, or sit up, and the overall soreness also prevents much lateral motion. I now know how it feels to be 90 years old and lying helpless on the floor, very humbling. The good news is that things are apparently now at
their worst, and should gradually get back to normal over the next two to three weeks. My wife sustained a broken clavicle and four broken ribs, and her recovery will be much longer. - The way we are reconstructing it is, the impact drove her into me, as her injuries are all on her left side and mine on my right. We were all taken to Tampa General, and I and my two friends were released from the emergency department (he has some back pain, his wife has a large nasty bruise on her upper right arm, which is in a sling). My wife stayed for treatment and observation until this morning, when she was released and a friend drove my car and us back here to Port St. Lucie.

Obviously I will not be able to post any AudiogoN LP listings for awhile, not only because of the physical aspects of grading and finding items out in my inventory, but also because I have to give my wife my full attention for awhile, until her considerable pain subsides and she can resume some semblance of her normal activities. I am guessing it will be at least a couple of weeks until I resume listing, I'll send you a 'heads up' e-mail just before I start to list again. Obviously I am no happier than you are about this, I do wish I had planned this trip for a weekend other than Easter, I had my doubts about that scenario for finding stuff, should have listened to my gut, it seems to be right most of the time."

Ron asked me to thank all of his regular buyers for their past business and to assure them that he will be back posting more music software classifieds on Audiogon. He does have access to email, and any well-wishers may contact him at [email protected].

On a personal note, I would like to add that I have had many, many Audiogon transactions with Ron over the past few years and have always been completely satisfied with my purchases from this fine man. I wish him, his wife and his Tampa friends a speedy, full recovery.
rshak
Wishes for a speedy recovery to Ron, his wife and all of the accident victims.

Regards,

David
Please pass along my best wishes to Ron and his wife. I've been a frequent customer of Ron's in the past and have always been impressed by the high standards of his operation.

It's always a shock when something like this happens to someone you know. I hope to see Ron well enough to start listing again very soon, as well as hoping for a fast and complete recover for his wife and friends.

Jim Pendleton
Osage Audio Products, LLC
I have dealt with Ron off and on. Our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery for all those involved.
Hope to see you soon, back up and running.
Dave