Avid Acutus - Standard or Reference

I am a very happy owner of an Avid Acutus turntable. I am using it with Dynavector 507MKII tonearm and XV-1s cartridge.

Has anybody compared the standard power supply of the Acutus to the new reference power supply? Is the sonic difference between the two marginal or easily audible?
fosse
Fosse, In audio any marginal improvement is an epiphany to some people. Particularly some reviewers..;0)
Sure Daveyf.

Anybody who has compared the two? I have heard them both myself, but not in the same system. Or, there went to much time in between, I'm not sure the owner changed other things, and I don't trust my acoustic memory from months back.

André
I believe one of the criticisms in Michael Fremer's review was that the Acutus he had was running a few percent slow. One of the advantages of the new power supply is the ability to adjust speed for perfect 33 1/3 rpm and 45 rpm. If, however you have checked your Acutus speeds with something like the excellent KAB strobe and found them to be spot on then perhaps the new power supply will not be necessary. I own a Basis Debut vacuum and would not be without my Synchro Wave PS. The difference is presentation from a little slow to spot on is not subtle. If your table speed is not correct then while you clearly are happy with what you are experiencing you will be even happier with the TT set at the correct speed and then the new PS could be worth the not inconsiderable cost.