Pass Labs Vfet amps

I heard the priceless Pass Labs Vfet Amps in the Sony suite at the NY Audio Show this weekend. Sounded wonderful!! There were only six Amps made worldwide of which Sony owns 4 and Pass kept 2. Nelson Pass purchased the remaining world wide supply of Sony Vfets and used them to build the 40th anniversary Sony reference Vfet amplifiers. Anyone else hear them or understand why they're so special?? Sony flagship speakers sound good but still can't wrap my head around Sony as a "high end" audiophile quality product... Would have loved to hear Vfets on Wilson XLFs, Focal Grand Utopia or YG Acoustic speakers but that will never happen unfortunately. If Pass XS series Amps cost $85k a pair what would it take to get Sony to part with a pair of their Vfet mono blocks?? If only I had an extra $million dollars to play with... Probably worth it!
lepps200228
Sony made a VFET amplifier back in the late 70s, the Sony TA-7NB. One sold here on this site some months back for $ 3K + Keep your eye out for one of those should it ever come up again.

VFETS are still available in very limited quantities but for a very hefty price

Sony VFET

24 pairs of these could easily be fitted into a pair of theseEB-SA1 For a lot less than $85K too :-)

Good Listening

Peter
I´ve just got a Sony TA-4650 Vfet amp. I paid 200 Euros.

Once I got it recapped I´ll let you if there is any magic.

Daniel
Agreed-

I would like to hear from owners of the ES speakers who use Pass Labs gear to drive them. This combo has been around for some time now. Odd pairing or not, we can never underestimate the power of synergy. Keep me posted and happy listening!