Rega spindle too short

I have a Rega Planar II and I have recently upgraded the platter to an Iron Audio acrylic platter. The table sounds great, it seems to have a more refined and deeper soundstage. The only problem, if it is even a problem, the spindle from the subplatter only sticks out about 3/8" and after I put the mat on I only have about 3/16" above the record. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if so is there an upgradable sub platter with a longer spindle? Thanks in advance.
jasonh37
It isn't a problem unless you want to use a clamp in which case there's not enough spindle to grab onto. The Regas are challenged that way anyway which probably suits Rega's Roy Gandy just fine. He enjoys scoffing at anything he can manage to write off as superfluous.
The Rega spindles were a little short to begin with. If the new platter is thicker than the original platter, then yes, you will be left with virtually no spindle sticking up. If the record can centered and you're not going to use a clamp, it should not be a problem.

Congrats on your new platter. Are you still using the felt mat on top? Try removing the felt mat and see if you like the sound. YMMV
with a vinyl platter you should not use the felt mat. That may help a little with spindle height, and in my experience more than a little in sound quality. As piedpiper says, shouldn't be an issue if you don't intend to use a clamp.
BDgregory would be correct, however the Iron Audio acrylic platter does not have a LABEL recess machined into the top surface so if you do not use a mat of any sort, the record will not sit flush with the playing surface. Iron Audio recommends the use of a mat.