good old tuners going obsolete

Well I didn't getting any feedback on my post about the Marantz ST-7001. I know it is one of many that will be the new wave of the future. Already radio stations are advertising that they are launching HD channels. Which means that if your using that much cherished - - - - - - - - ( fill in the blank with your favorite tuner ) you will not be able to pull in any of the HD channels, you will be limited to only the channels you are receiving now. And it is my understanding that some of the stations are already planning on putting different programing in the slot that is available to analog tuners. Of the high end tuners I have been able to trace so far, only Marantz and Magnum are making HD tuners. What I just can't figure out though, is why people are so willing to shell out big bucks for these analog tuners here and on ebay. They will soon be next to worthless :(
kt_88
Sedond,

Indeed, I'm a regular at both places. I'm just glad Kt_88's information is incorrect, and that we'll be able to enjoy our analog signals for the foreseeable future.

I don't own a TV either - haven't for 15 years, but I've been listening to FM since I was 10, starting with my Arvin tabletop rig. I miss bakelite...

:-)
Well! I guess you guys told me how it was, huh? I guess since you two have all the answers there is not much else for me to say.

Umm sorry I couldn't get back you sooner but my back went out. But I did find some interesting facts. But since nothing of you don't want to be confused with the facts ( since you already made up your minds ) I will leave you alone.

Ignorance is bliss

However I don't take back my challenge to Sedond. I do happen to have a friend that is employed by the FCC ( it took me sometime to track him down ) and even what he knows is limited.
i don't wanna waste my time digging up all the stuff i have read the past six months about why analog fm ain't going away any time soon. you wanna do it? have at it. you're right - it sounds to me like someone's mind *IS* awreddy made up - but it ain't mine...

ymmv,

doug s.
one other thing, kt-88 - this will fix your back - amhik.

http://www.teeterhangups.com/products/f5000.html

but, if you awreddy know everything, you may not feel it's worthwhile to try it...

doug s.
Kt_88,

I don't follow any of your arguments, and I can't follow your evidence since you haven't presented any, but I've decided resistance is futile so I'm choosing to believe you're right.

Got any analog tuners you're looking to unload? In my blissful ignorance, I want to be surrounded by many lovely glowing dials when they all go dark in Feb 2009. My quest starts today...

David