MM to MC back to MM

Has anyone gone back to MM after trying MC cartridges? Why did you go back? What MC cartridges did you try?
jsman
Even though many MM cartridges do not exhibit the typical rising high-frequency curve of many MC cartridges (and so sound [generally] more naturally balanced), I can't go back to MM, because I find that good MC cartridges seem to offer greater speed and dynamics, which I favor.
Once upon a time I had an Ortofon MC, and then I had several Signet cartridges. Every time I needed a stylus replacement I found out that my model was no longer supported, but they would make me this real good deal on a new one that only cost, (before discount) 50 percent more than my cartridge. It took three times, but I finally realized the game they were playing. So I bought a Shure V15mr, and lived happily ever after.
I have gone back to MM because I have decided that not only MM's are better for now,but(wait for it) so are conical styli.Firstly as part of an exchange with the ex-reviewer Martin Colloms he mentioned the fact that MC's pass a lot of high frequency artefacts that MM's filter out naturally. I noticed that with the Ortofon VMS 20 a spherical tip replacement stylus sounded better than the original elliptical.Then at VA I found this relating to an old Fulton Musical Industries cartridge.
"Fulton elected to use a spherical tip because they believe that both elliptical and Shibata shape styli are subject to forces that twist them as they pass over modulated groove walls. Further, this twisting motion of the stylus is transmitted down the cantilever and is reproduced as distortion by the phono cartridge. There is much less extraneous torquing of the cantilever by its stylus with a conical tip. At 5kHz Fulton engineers have measured three times the distortion with elliptical and Shibata styli than with a conical. Accordingly, the tendency of an elliptical or Shibata stylus to twist or torque indicates that the nuances of music are lost and, at the same time, distortion in the critical 2 to 9 kHz frequency range is added. A conical tip apparently sidesteps this problem." I also think Moving-Iron can be superior to both MM and MC.The Ortofon is a MI.
i've been there and back many times, but there are some incredible mm's that have kept me there for a few years now.
Most MCs are so bad at tracking it's not funny. There was one MC I really wanted to hear before eventually deciding whether my Ortofon X-5 high output MC should be retipped. That was the Dynavector 20. After reading the TNT review, however, it was obvious it's not a good cartridge:

Tracking ability did show some cause for concern though. Playing Marleys 'Exodus' album the heavy dubbed bass transients caught the stylus out occasionally, as did Bruce Springstein's 'Dancing in the Dark', producing a crack! as mistracking set in. Using the HFN+RR test record the Dynavector struggled to track the 16 dbl 300hz test and showed hints of mistracking at 14 dbl, something the V15 sailed through. That said the problem only raised it's head on a few very tricky records though perhaps Reggae fans might find the V15 a better bet.

Come on, before that tip encounters grooves where it will jump a much larger quantity will show mistracking!

I'll stick mainly to MM/MI units. Moving irons, though, have a midrange bloom that's highly appealing. Them Grado and Stanton cartridges are real smooth sounding.