Acoustic Sounds Customer Service

I recently made my first purchase from Acoustic Sounds- 3-180 gram LPs and 50 of their poly lined inner sleeves. LPs are fine, but the sleeves were warped when I unpacked. I split into little piles to see if they would relax but never did. They bundle up when you try to put an LP away. So I did receive an RA from A. Sounds, but they refused to pay shipping back. I realize companies have policies but when they clearly have shipped an inferior or defective product, I believe they should look outside their policies and take care of the customer. So now I'm looking for another company (Music Direct?) to buy my analog from and also some inner sleeves that will lay flat. I know there's a recent thread on inner sleeves and I will read for recommendations. Anyone else unhappy with A. Sounds service?
ehaller
I think we are all insane. I have also known Chad and done business with him since the beginning of time. I have found that he accepts returns on defective records, and if memory serves, doesn't he do some pretty good deals on shipping?
I guess the couple bucks to return the defective sleeves might irk- why don't you call them back and say you'll send a sample so that they can see what you are complaining about- you could probably stick that in an envelope and mail it cheaply; and suggest in the meantime that they send you a new batch, after Qc'ing to make sure the replacements are oK. that' way, you aren't out anything but a small charge for sending back a sample; or, perhaps Chad will cut you a break on shipping on your next order, just because you had a bad experience which doesn't sound like his fault.

But, it ain't worth getting twisted about- its nickels. If you said he sold you a defective amplifier or turntable and wouldn't take it back, i could see why you'd make an issue out of it and go public; for this, I think it's not worth it, or the upset other members here are having over a small issue. Respectfully,
Bill Hart
Wow, didn't think I'd get peoples feathers ruffled over this. I actually took digital pictures of the sleeves and emailed it to A. Sounds. That's when they gave me the RA. I placed a few LPs in the sleeves, inserted them into the jackets and a few days later they still were "bunched" up. It's an obvious gluing issue. Someone said I have a history of buying things and returning them? Where the hell did that come from? I want the sleeves, need them, just don't feel like cramming the LPs back into the jackets. So I am returning them at my expense, yeah it's only a few dollars but I was trying to make a point about putting customer service before corp. profit, and I will shop elsewhere. Whew!
Why don't you just call them, explain the problem and ask them to send you some non wrinkled sleeves to replace the defective, wrinked ones ....
Hi,they took a bad lp back for me and refunded the shipping back.Have had the best customer service from them!!Ask for a manager.
Ive also had good and bad experience with A.S. I think its chicken s it to not pick up the shipping on something defective that you sold. Id call Chad personally I dont care if its a few bucks they can afford it. Im still waiting for a refund on a record I returned 4 mos ago. good luck