UNIverse Cu ,XV-1S,Shelter 9000 wt BATVkp10seSupe

I have a TNT6 with 12.6 arm. I am very happy with my Shelter 901 cartridge. I can run the BAT direct without utilizing the step up amp. I like that. The Zyx universe copper has a very low output and mass which would require the step up Amp and silver weight. The Dynavector will not require alteration in mass or the Step up. And how about the shelter 90x or 9000. They will mate well with output and mass. But is there a significant improvement over my 901? Now I really do love my current setup but would consider up grading if significant improvement could be had. What do you think? My music is JAZZ and Rock. Richard
hamburg
>>this could means something, don't you think?<<

It could mean there is a very close business relationship, don't you think?
Rauliruegas - You wrote "it has a more natural/neutral balance". If you have time I'd like to know if this means that you feel the XV-1 is a bit warmer in character or a bit less warm in character.
My dealer steered me away from the Zyx line to the Shelter because I prefer warm/lush.
Xagwell, if you asked your dealer for warm/lush, neither the Shelter 901 nor a ZYX was an appropriate recommendation. I own a 901 and I've owned multiple ZYX's. None of them is warm/lush. If you asked your dealer for warm/lush he should have recommended Grado, Benz, Koetsu, Allaerts, Miyabi, etc.

It's good that you enjoy what he recommended but you were misled about the sonics. I'd be inclined to ponder the possible reasons behind such a recommendation. One hopes ignorance played a larger role than willful misguidance based on some other motive.

FWIW, ZYX's aren't sold through dealers. They're sold direct by the US importer, with a discount that in effect lets the buyer keep a dealer's normal markup. For this reason, few dealers will recommend a ZYX (unless, like AudioFeil, they're more interested in being honest about what they hear than in making a sale).
Hey Doug, I sincerely hope it was my ignorance, but for the record, my dealer represented both cartridge lines. I contaced him about the Zyx line because of the "quiet" reputation. I had no experience with Zyx/Shelter. Its been so long now that I can't say verbatim whether I stated "warm and lush", but after extesive discussion which included his experience with both and the sound attributes I "believe" I prefer, I chose the Shelter. In addition, I received as usual quality feedback from the Agon community about both lines prior to making the choice. Specifically, it was Agon feedbcak that influenced me to select the 90X over the 901. Nonetheless, I heard an appreciable difference/improvement over my Glider. Specifically, the 90X "smoothed out" several passages on my test recording on Pablo featuring JJ Johnson, Ray Brown, and Milt Jackson among others. I am about as satisfied as someone with this hobby can be, which means I'll want to try another cartridge pretty soon anyway.
Doug: I've had the Allearts Formula One, and at least it (among the Allearts line-up) did not come across as being a particularly warm-sounding cartridge. Regardless, I liked the total sonic results - a lot. Very nice, and a design that Jan Allearts can be justifiably proud of.

regards, jonathan carr