Mapleshade Recordings..GREAT or what?

I HAPPEN TO THINK MAPLESHADE CD'S ARE THE GRETEST RECORDINGS AROUND. I HAVE ALMOST WHOLE OF THE CATALOGUE. PRODUCTION QUALITY CAN BE MISS AT TIMES BUT HEAR THAT LIFE LIKE MUSIC AND YOU ARE DRAWN IN TO NO MATTER WHAT. AND YOU GET THE BEST PRICE TOO. THEM AND THE REFERENCE RECORDINGS ARE FEW OF MY FAVOURITES. I HAVE BOUGHT LOT OF OTHER COMMERCIAL JAZZ/CLASSICAL STUFF BUT NOTHING COMES THIS CLOSE. EVEN THE FAVOURABLY REVIEWED ONES. HOW MANY OF YOU AGREES WITH ME. MAY BE THIS POST WILL SPREAD THE WORD AND BUY SOME OF THEIR CD'S.
nilthepill
Mapleshade Recording? Great! Mapleshade Artistic Content? Not so great! I admire Mapleshade for their recording techniques and daring recordings, but of the 4 Mapleshade CD's I have auditioned I only like one of them. Kendra Shank's "Afterglow" is a pleasant female vocals CD that is quite good for checking speaker placement. "Live at Ethel's" is a neat live jazz CD that has a great live sound, but the jazz is sub-par IMHO. "Makin Whoopee" is a decent disk for Nat Cole fans except for one spoken word track that will drive you insane. Michal Carvin's "Drum Concerto at Dawn" is so terrible that even a professional drummer friend of mine can't bear it. I don't mean to bash Mapleshade. They cannot possibly have premier artists record for them on their budget. They do warrant a listen though. Their prices, accessories, and recording processes are qualities that other recording companies should take to heart.
Thank you all for the repsonses.Both good and bad ones!My note earlier said that the theire artist's roster is not one of the best ones but MOST recordings sound life like in my high resolution system. ( Dunlavy V'S driven by Classe CA-400 by a Classe Pre-amp CP-60). IMHO the CD'S sound more closer to life like than some of the CD's from JVC XRCD'S. For those interested in some of the exemplary titles-both recording and musicality poiint view-are:Clifford Jordan's 'Play what you feel' and 'live at Ethell's',C.I.William's 'When alto was King', Eddie Gale Quintet's ' A Minute with Miles', Raphe Malik Quintet's 'Sirens Sweet and Slow',Patience Higgins 'Live in Harlem', Hamiet Bluiet sextet's 'Young warrior,Old warrior', Bobby Battle Quartet with David Murray's 'The offering' and of course the ' making whoopie' mention in above posts. In newer ones, if like a little Reggae that rocks(!) try Midnite's 'Ras Mek Peace' , For rock sound try ' Fallen Angels ' Rain of fire', For blues try Big joe Maher Sextet's 'Mojo', Their first classical (I forget the title) is very good.In all they have some pretty good music across their Catalogue. I would rather listen to boring music that sound real than good music that sound crapy.But that's is my opinion. All I am saying is give them a try. Good percentage of their catalogue being on Stereophile's or TAS superdisc can not be a fluke. If it does sound like a thud and mud , may be it is time you upgrade your systems. Oh yes, let me make one thing clear: I don't work for Mapleshade.
My opinion is that if you don't like the sound of Mapleshades, then you probably don't like the sound of live music either. These are some of the most natural sounding, dynamic recordings I have ever heard. My only complaint is that they need to relese some of the catalog on lp so I can hear what I have been missing on the cd's! I have most of the catalog, but I still mostly listen to vinyl or reel to reel. Ken