RCM Fluid Applicator: Loricraft

In anticipation of the arrival of a just ordered Loricraft -- replacing my VPI16.5 -- I have a question about cleaning solution application.

Spraying/spritzing the record cleaning solution is the method employeed in the Loricraft demo video. Given the higher RPM of the Loricraft vs the VPI (and run-off concerns), using a spray, rather than the drip method of application (before brushing), would appear to be sensible.

As my preferred cleaning solution is RRL, and Brian Weitzel has cautioned against cross-contamination, I'm concerned with simply pouring RRL into just ANY spray bottle.

Are you utilizing a spray bottle, atomizer, and if so:
What are you using?
Where did you procure it?

Assuming some sort of residule may be remaining from the bottle’s/sprayer’s manufacturing, should one be concerned with cleaning the bottle/sprayer etc.? If so, what should be used to clean it?
128x128mrmb
Congrats on your new RCM! You won't be sorry.

I use RRL fluids on my Loricraft, straight from the drip-top bottles. No problems and no atomizing necessary.

Hold your applicator brush lightly against the spinning record and dribble the fluid across the grooves directly in front of it. I clean many sides without losing a drop. This is true whether I use Disc Doctor/Music Direct style brushes or the carbon fiber brushes that Brian recommends.

My Vinyl-Zyme IS in a spray bottle and it's actually more of a chore. I'll probably use my next empty RRL bottle for Vinyl-Zyme and lose the spray bottle altogether.
Doug: Thanks so much for your response, and other tips regarding the care and feeding of the Loricraft. It was a difficult decision to part with the bucks, but as with everything else I’ve done in this hobby, I'm sure I will have no regrets with the decision.

BTW, The breadth and depth of your contributions to this and other forums is extraordinary sir – many kudos to you!! If not the first to suggest or use the ME as a stylus cleaner, you certainly were an enthusiastic adopter and vociferous proponent of its use. It’s hard telling how many folks are using a ME today because of your recommendations (I include myself among them).

Now if I could only borrow Paul's famous sonar-like hearing, and your hands-on technical expertise to fine tune my table and arm....do you two offer house calls, or participate in audiophile mind melds...[grin]....Cheers, Mike

Since I give each cleaner its own applicator, cross contamination is not a concern.

Premier - Here I'm probably guilty of flagrant indulgence. I hold the nylon brush that comes with the PRC-3 kit against the record at a right angle to the grooves and spray Premier across it from outer to inner groove as the record turns. Some folks advocate spraying it on a cotton ball then applying as the motor spins the record.

Otherwise, all cleaning fluid gets applied with the motor off.

Bugtessel gets applied using the sprayer. I then ensure complete coverage with a foam painters brush, spreading it around by following the grooves. The only thing I use that brush for.

RRL wash gets transferred from its large bottle to a smaller drip bottle dedicated for it. I squirt some on the record then spread it with a likewise dedicated Record Doctor brush.

Congrats on getting a Loricraft - it is an excellent machine and your records will love you for it. :-)

Tim