DIN or RCA phono plug--which is 'better'?

I'm wondering what are the advantages/disadvantages of each termination. To start, it looks like the DIN would be harder to clean. Is DIN inherently superior?
psychicanimal
The tonearm connector isn't a DIN, nor is it even a JIS. It is something which appears to have been designed as a tonearm-specific electrical connector. I believe that the company that designed it was called Denon Parts (no relation to the other more famous Denon).

You can find real DIN connectors and connectors used on products by Naim Audio, DNM, and probably others. If you look into these brands, you may find some reasons for why they prefer DINs over RCAs.

regards and hth, jonathan carr
One of my cable suppliers says DIN is superior to RCA in tonearm cable applications.

However, he prefers XLR to both of them.
Jonathan, if the TA connectors we're used to seeing on SME's for instance, aren't real DINs, then what does DIN stand for in that instance, or is it a misuse of the term?
Thanks
There are many different DIN connectors.

The RCA connector is inherently flawed in that there is no standard i.e. there is no guarantee that a given male will mate snugly with a given female, always a bad thing. There are other connectors that are much better, such as DIN and XLR, but we seem to be stuck with the RCA for single ended equipment. Some manufacturers such as Naim tried to get away from them but it never really caught on. Now Naim equipment comes with DIN and RCA connections.
Thanks, guys. I am asking because KAB has finished DIN
& RCA terminal prototypes for the Technics 1200's tonearm. Can choose either one for my deck. Kevin is offering Cardas Litz for the tonearm rewire, seems the Creature is getting to where it should be...at last!

Next is choosing the phono cable. What a mess!!!!