My digital front end outdoes my analog.....

For the first time ever my analog setup is being outdone by my digital front end. The equipment: digital-MF Trivista SACD
analog-Thorens TD-125 w/Rabco SL8E linear tracking arm/Grado Master reference (4.0mv) YS Audio Concerto plus with Telefunken smooth plate 12AX7's. The sound: Overall fairly similar with that usual superior analog HF response. The image and seperation are way better on the CDP, this is my biggest issue. Better, but less so, are bass response and dynamics on the CDP as well. I love vinyl and always have and will. The tonearm is set up great and the thing tracks perfect. VTA perfect. I have it only two feet from the left speaker and it doesn't even think of feeding back. I can jump on the floor and the woofers don't move so it is so well isolated. The table/arm seem fine. Here are problems I see:
1)Lower end phono pre (so what do I need to spend)
2)Rewire TT from cart to interconnect as the tonearm is 30 years old
3)As a passive line stage user I need a very low Z ballsier phono stage. The current unit is 54db gain with an output impedence of 1000 ohms. The Trivista CDP's output impedence is 50 ohms (this could be the bass issue since I use a passive linestage)

Vinyl will never have the place for me it once did since so few new releases are on LP. I have most of the vinyl and out of print vinyl not on or never released on CD that I desire to own (based on what I like)
I do love playing with vinyl and shopping and finding it as well. Thoughts welcome-thanks in advance

ET
electroid
Thanks everyone, the truth hurts sometimes. I don't have a limitless budget or even $5K. I shoulda bought a VPI or a Clearaudio when I was a dealer. As to this :

my words: I prefer good/creative engineering to slighlty better fidelity anyday.

reply: A lot of good, creative engineering has been applied to LP playback components since yours were designed. The result is not "slightly" better fidelity, it is massively better fidelity.

I meant this regarding comparing any given recording to another one-nothing related to gear.

Soooo thanks everyone again for your input. I will report on using a better phono pre as I can borrow these from where I worked.

ET
That's one less gent elbowing me out at the used record store: )

Your loss is my gain!
No, I have all the "old" vinyl I want. I had two friends with stores. I can't think of an "old" title I want. I will buy new vinyl I like/want when it is released but we won't have any need to "fight" or compete for that(hopefully). No loss or gain for anyone. I wish everyone the best of luck in trying to find their favorite old out of print vinyl. I'm suprised how adversarial this thread has been to some people when I was only looking to solicit help to improve my analog fidelity.

ET

Last nights vinyl playlist:

Gateway - "II" - ECM
Big Brother & The Holding Company- "S/T" - Vanguard
Steve Khan- "Blades" -Passport
"Where Fortune Smiles"-McLaughlin,Holland,Surman et al-Dawn
Philip Catherine - "Nairam" - WB
Bill Connors - "Of Mist and Melting" -ECM
Miles Davis - "Water Babies" -Col
CCR- "Cosmos Factory" - Fantasy