Shelter 501 II owners: how long is the break-in?

Hi
How long it took for your Shelter to fully break-in?I have mine played for 10-12 hours already and noticed a little bit of improvement but it is still sounds kinda tiny.Thanks.
overhang
I upgraded from a Denon DL-103R to the Shelter 501 and I must have about 75 hours on it now. I agree with what Spencer said about the bass and the highs at first. Now though, the bass is strong, extended and controlled, midrange is clear and precise and the highs are just as extended although the overall balance is much better than it was. Dare I say it's still getting better? Images are a lot more holographic now also, which is what I hoping I'd hear from this cartridge.
James,
I upgraded from nothing. It was a return after a long vinyl hiatus for me. A few months ago, I upgraded to a ZYX Airy3, which was done at the same time I upgraded my table & arm. (see my system page, "Spencer's Funhouse" for details) Therefore, it's tough to draw conclusions about the cart change alone. For more than the Shelter, I think ZYX Airy 2 is worthy of consideration. So are the carts from Jan Allaerts, but you're getting into some higher $.
The 501 was sold to my buddy, slipknot1, who also had a Denon 103, as well as a Dynavector cart. Cheers,
Spencer
Hey thanks guys. I'm sure the 501 is quite a step up. Right now I cannot fathom because I've never heard.

So far I'm very impressed with the 103, however this is my first venture back into vinyl since the days of Technics Linear Tracking...:)

The ease of flow is very very pleasant, and the dynamics are very fast. How does the Shelter differ if any?
I have about 100 hours now and the cartridge sound completely turned around.It is so beautiful now that i am pulling out lps that i hardly ever listened to and discover the music from scratch.
Wow, just mounted this brand new and up and running on an MM7 playing my original mint copy of Roxy Music's Live EP. Everything sounds excellent and no flabby bass at all, just solid sweetness extended up and down all around. If the cart stays just like this I will be happy. Hard to imagine at this early stage how much better it is going to get. More to come after I pick my jaw up off the floor, that is if I can find it. So, so much better than the stock Goldring that came with this deck.