Haven't played my LP's in 20 years - still good?

Anyone with similar experience? I've got about 600 albums that I haven't played in 20 years. Always took care of them, discwasher brushing and a 'dust toothbrush' with felt pad thingie that rode the grooves while you spun the lp.
I'm thinking of getting back into analog, but wonder if the black beauties are still relativly quiet.
Any input on how these might have held up?
richmon
Tarsando I wis cd never happened and now mp3's talk about quality going dow hill over the years....
A little over a year ago, I was in the same position as you. Upon playing, I found my albums purchased in the 60's, 70's and early 80's were in the same condition as I left them.

Of course like folks have suggested, nothing has hit my tt without a good VPI 16.5 cleaning.

In hindsight, I should never have stopped playing vinyl! In the period of time I've had my tt, I can count on one hand, the number of CD's that I've critically listened to. Vinyl is just so much more enjoyable than digital, and I'm comparing apples to apples in terms of CDP and tt, tonearm quality/cost.

For the first few days of lp playing, I was astonished that the highly resolved, harmonically rich music I was hearing was emanating from my new mechanical/analog playback device!

I’m not sure if you've thought about your budget for a cartridge, but if you're in the $200-300 range, you can't go wrong with a Denon 103R.
Also, as soon as you clean them good I always replace the inner sleeve with a high quality rice paper sleeve. This way when you remove them after long storage, the static electricity discharge is greatly reduced. No stick with vinyl, the older, the further you get away from ' stereophonic ' recordings and into that high fidelity unbreakable, micro- deepgroove heavy thick plates of vinyl, the better the sound.
Enjoy
Richmon,

for the price range you mentioned I would suggest looking at the used market. You can get better bang for the buck that way. If your handy, you can build your own RCM that will work every bit as well as a VPI 16.5 for cleaning. There have been many threads here by people in your situation so search the archives and you'll get lots of ideas.

I'm so good at breaking my own rules. Just my way of stickin' it to The Man.

Good luck and welcome to the nut house.

Dan
Definitely don't believe any of the answers you have gotten so far. Your LP's are now trash. They will sound like poopy if you try to play them again after all these years. In fact, they might even qualify as toxic waste, so you can't just deposit them in your garbage can. You could get a big fine for that.

Just send them to me and I will gladly dispose of them for you :-)

Enjoy,
Bob