Brinkmann vs HR-X vs SME 30

Has anyone compared these tables? Any comments?
gladstone
No experience but my guess it the Brinkman Arm & the EMT are very synergistic. I was strongly disrecommended the Brinkman Arm/ Breuer arm by a very reputable turntable manufacturer. He mentioned the Breuer arm to be compatible with only a few cartriges. In that regard he also mentioned that the Brinkman arm would not match well w. Koetsus, London, Dynavector or Allaerts cartridges. He did mention that it would work well w. Van Den Hull. The problem is that the VdH cartridge base will not fit due to the fins on the Breuer type arm headshell. Another arm highly recommended for EMT or VdH by a fellow Audiogoner is Sumiko The ARM. It is similar to the Breuer type arm in some designs. My guess is that a Audiocraft or Grahm would also work well, but that is only a guess.

I do know that the ideal arm for one cartridge has very little to do with what is ideal for a 2nd cartridge.
The breuer and brinkmann arms are compatible with a wide range of cartridges. I have heard many combinations and they all sound excellent. people rave about the michell orbe with the brinkmann arm. Essentially you can use the arm and cartridge on just about anything. I have heard the brinkmann arm with dynavector te-katora and it sounded superb. I have also heard VDH cartridges on the breuer and they fit and sound fine.

Which turntbale manufacturer dissed the brinkmann arm? That manufacturer makes their own arm right? ;) Trust only your own ears and even then be skeptical
Dear Khrys: The Brinkmann tonearm is similar ( a copy ) to the Breuer and Sumiko MDC 800 tonearms.

It can work with any TT: it is a great tonearm, one of the best out there.

I use it with my Colibri and do an " in heaven " match. But one Audiogon friend that want to set up the Condor with it: he can't do it because it can't fit at the headshell ( because the wide size of the Condor ).

These tonearms work very well with any cartridge, you only have to have the right counter weight.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul,I owned the MDC-800 years ago.It was a superb arm.I wish I had it now,so I could compare to to my current set-up.
While the brinkmann is derived from the breuer it does sound very different - I have compared with the breuer 5,7 and 8 and the brinkmann is much faster, dynamic and coherent. Its a very large leap. Wasnt the condor developed on the brinkmann arm?