Need to re-discover analog - please help

Like the short-sighted, lazy, modern moron that I am, I threw away all my LPs and turntable when I got hooked on my first decent CDP, a Kinergetics Platinum KD-40, 15 years ago. Because it was easier to take care of CDs. Now, my mother who was a musician, and had a classical collection of about 200 really absolutely great recordings, collected from the 1940s til the 80s, has left me her collection. They just have to be preserved, played and savored. I need an analog set-up that will a) do them justice and b) not sound noticeably "worse" compared to the digital set-up I am now used to. My analog set-up that I discarded (I know, I know.........please dont rub it in, what's done is done.) was a Denon 103D and Sony PS-800 linear tracking TT and also a Kenwood marble platter with SME tone-arm and also Denon 103 D cartridge and circa 1980 PS Audio MC phono stage.
The present system, to which must now obligatorily be added a turntable: EMM DCC2/CDSD; Atma-Sphere Line-stage MP-1 MkII, Atma-Sphere MA 2.2 modified (27 tubes each); Kharma 3.2; Indra Stealth i/cs; PAD Dominus i/cs and S/Cs (Rev C & B).

I tried MM cartridges before - Dynavector,Ortofon,Shure V15 iv - but only liked the MC Denon 103D - so would prefer that MC "sound".

I have not kept up with the analog market, nor new equipment, and am totally ignorant about the components but would greatly appreciate input as to what TT, tone-arm, cartridge and phono preamp to get that would neither bankrupt me nor do the wonderful collection my mother left me a disservice, nor my ear that is now spoiled by the pretty "good" digital, ancillary set-up I have. Nor, obviously, sound "inferior" to the CDs:)

What sort of a budget am I looking at to keep the system within the overall quality of the associated equipment that I have, without going crazy, since i will still mostly be listening to CDs (unless i get totally hooked and go bonkers..........)?

I listen to classical 90% of the time and 95% of her collection is classical.

As always, I appreciate your advice.
springbok10
Thanks, Lugnut. After only a few hours of scanning the fora, I thought the ZYX too. Which one? Any suggestions for phono preamp? Stupid question if you dont mind: What depth must I allow for the turntable (I cant move the existing cabinet and have 17". Is that enough?)
You guys never disappoint! Thanks a whole lot, Nsgarch! I now have a primer to go after, but I haven't tallied the budget of what you suggest. My Dominus budget has dried up, besides which, I never bought Dominus new, but was lucky to find used. I hope I dont end up having to sell my EMM gear and all the CDs:)
for phono i recommend the aesthetix io signature (which i own). can't get too many toobes. on the cartridge: your love of classical music should, in my experience, compel your audition of the upper range of koestu's.
Springbox10 the Denon DL-103 is still available and has something of a cult following. I find it quite special in that it performs better than it should for the price ($180).

Of course you can spend much more on a cartridge if you wish - Patrick's recommendation of Zyx is sound - the RS100 Yatra or Fuji (high output versions) are great at around $750 -$1100 if you source in Asia (ask off list for supplier info). Also consider the Shelter 501.

For a tonearm, the leading candidates are Expressimo's modified Rega RB250 ($650), the Morch DP-6 ($1490) and the Schroeder Model 2 ($2250).

If you have a turntable that delivers speed stability and is non-resonant then a high quality tonearm will really help your cartridge sing. A Schroeder/DL-103 combo is very synergistic.

Teres have a phenomenal reputation, although I haven't heard one yet. If you are mechanically competent you can pick up an old Lenco L75 (see the "Building high end 'tables cheap at Home Despot" thread here) or a Thorens TD150/125 and do some tweaks that are well documented on the net.

Other tables to consider if they are sold in your country are the Amazon One and the dps.

If you're not into collecting brand names or bragging about price tags, a DL-103/Expressimo/Lenco could be yours for around $1000 including the wood to build a solid plinth.
If you are seriously considering a Zyx cartridge, per Lugnut's (outstanding ) suggestion, than I strongly suggest you place a call to Mehran at Sorasound. He can take you through the line and help you make an informed decision to get the most of what you want out of our Mom's vinyl. He also carries the SS Zyx phono stage. I haven't heard it, but it seems to employ the same design ethos as the carts.

It may well be that the the Fuji if not the UNIverse may be exactly what the DR ordered for your classical collection.

Other than being a satisfied and well served customer, I have no attachment to Sorasound. I have dealt with Mehran twice; over the course of each transaction I found him to be respectfull, honest and more concerned in making a friend than a buck. A rare quality in a vendor.

Welcome back to the vinyl club, we've missed you.

Finnegan