turn off...

New oppo 105d runs warm...my sim i5.3 had standby...which was nice.Always ready.

Just wondering what you good people do.
digsmithd
Had those and a couple other pairs of koss...incidently...I had them (pro 4aa) and decided to drag them out and put them against my grado's...well they were the cat's whisker's back then.
If you press the "Pure Audio" button (under the Netflix button) all video circuits are powered down and should reduce the heat.
What's important (to me) is when is the laser turned off?
These boogers are costly to replace. The laser in an audio player lasts about 10 years.
In a multi-player like the Oppo, it is probably 5 years.
I always turn mine off when not using.
I used to leave it on 24/7 thinking it too would appreciate the consistency but found that turned on an hr or two before listening was sufficient. Keep in mind you must have some good breathing room above it because it does run a bit warm. If closed cabinet it'll warm up a lot, if open shelf you still need over an inch or preferably 2 or more on top to keep it reasonable. I also listen in "Pure Audio" mode (no need for track displays sucking power, except for when manually switching tracks).
BTW, you should experiment with different footers too, I have found the MIGS [by Synergistic Research I think?] to be excellent.Good luck
Thanks lissnr,dweller...yeah its on top of rack...pa-lenty breathing room...have to try footer's....have some bdr flat pucks...have hsr small damper I use on top for now.Pure audio and display off is da mode.