Upgrades to UHD Blu-Ray

Specificall, can we expect a new Oppo 105+ ?
ptss
The few "new" things on the horizon are:
1. "Atmos" surround which brings new audio channels to the game. Specifically, you can hang speakers from your ceiling to enhance the sound field (a LOT of speakers from what I've read).

2. A new connection standard called "HD-BASE-T" that allows for much longer runs of HDMI cable (up to 350 feet give-or-take). You can keep you system in the basement and run HDMI to your TV in the living room, bedroom etc.
I think the current limit is about 30 feet.

3. New HDMI tech standards to allow native 4K (and 8K?) to feed your 4K TV.

Anything else?
Matt. I've got a very recent (1 yr) Panasonic 1080P plasma. I don't want to upgrade - just want the best feed for this, I think it's 52 inches. Very happy with blu-ray and hi-def from cable. Does up sampling from 1080p to the 4K mean anything for my rig?
4k is the HD TV where you have a LED TV with TONS of pixels packed in there. I think with your plasma TV it would make sense to have a Oppo 105 or something like that. Then all your blue rays would be upsampled to 4K! I think the Plasma would look stunning.
Just to clarify--the Oppo Blue Ray players will upsample to 4K/UHD only if you have a 4K/UHD TV. It won't upsample to your regular 1080P HDTV (Panasonic plasma). A review says trying to do so may "lock up" the player.