The Latest in Digital Out for Mobile Devices?

I recently found an unopened Wadia dock in my garage.

It seems I impulsively ordered it when they first came out years ago, but never used it and now see that the Apple connectors have changed?

Could anyone please provide an update for truly digital docks?

Does Wadia still make them for Apple devices? Any others?

I am not an Apple iPhone user or a big user of any mobile device, but would love to know how to get the best sound from these devices.

It one can truly extract digital data from a battery powered device, it should be possible to use it as a decent transport?

Thanks for the latest update on this type of set up.
cwlondon
Great- would you also know the best / most "audiophile" set up or protocol in iTunes that would work with this set up?

Is it possible to rip CDs so we could at least be assured of redbook quality? Or would you recommend Apple "lossless" or comparable?

Just doing my bit to try and covert even one or two Apple loyalist friends and relatives into audiophiles....
I'm very satisfied with tidalhifi.com 25M lossless files and my own lossless files and the sound quality through the Hugo is exceptional. I would expect similar through a Benchmark. Definitely worth checking out a $30 cable and free Tidalhifi trial demo. Give it a try and report back.
Sorry for so many follow on questions, but Googling around it seems this type of set up has not worked for some users and/or some DACs.

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Camera-Connection-MC531ZM/dp/B003K1EYM6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418267496&sr=8-1&keywords=apple+camera+connection

Or this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Camera-Adapter-MD821ZM/dp/B009WHV3XA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418267496&sr=8-2&keywords=apple+camera+connection
No problem. The lightening cable works with current/newer devices, the other one is for recent about 2 year old devices. If you aren't sure just get both and amazon will let you return the one you don't need. It may be DAC dependent but I have had success with the 2 powered DAC's that I have tried. I would not expect USB powered DAC's to work though.
Thanks Eastein.

OK, so now I have the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter"because I would like to first try using my own Antelope Zodiac DAC (powered, with USB input) and a new iPad Mini.

Again, I am not an Apple person, so not so familiar with their OS but use the iPad mini mainly to read websites around the house.

But now see that iTunes does not fully install on an iPad?

Rather, you have to use the red icon or music "app"?

Does this limit playback to whatever you might have in an Apple account cloud?

I was hoping to rip WAV files from CDs if possible....

Re Tidalhifi, that looks interesting. A nice simple and clear demonstration of the lossed data!