External DAC For Oppo 105 At What Cost?

Approximately how much would you have to spend on an external DAC to significantly better the sound of the internal Dac in the Oppo 105?
128x128mitch4t
Don't you want for other digital sources as well? I'd recommend to search for versatile DAC rather than for vintage design with at least USB input.
Marakanetz,

All of the digital sources I need and use are in the Oppo 105. I only play cd's and listen to Pandora & Rhapsody. It also has the capability to stream digital files from a hard drive if I should ever decide to do that one day.

Approximately how much would you have to spend on an external DAC to significantly better the sound of the internal Dac in the Oppo 105?
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but have you considered the Modwright modification? It is phenomenal!
I'm aware of the Modwright mods. I'm more specifically interested as to how much I would have to spend to significantly better the dac in the Oppo 105.

Is anyone out there using an external DAC with the Oppo 105? If so, what are you using?
Sure...I understand. My point was/is only "what if the Modwright version sounds better than the stock 105 with a better DAC?"