Older Cary 306/200 vrs a recent used Cary CD500?

How does the highly reguarded some 10+ year old Cary 306/200 CD player sound vrs the recent discontinued Cary CD500 player? I'm thinking of buying used. Both of these units look interesting to me. Of course I could wait for the newer Cary player due out this Spring...Currently using a Denon 1650AR which I like. Most of my listening is now CD. Really I just want a really good player and be done with it. All comments welcome.
exocet954
After several listenings the Cary 306/200 is much more analog sounding player than the Denon 1650AR. In my system it's like a change to tube amps vrs soild state. Lower bass is huge. Soundstage grew wider, deeper. Granted I'm a little late to cd players. I seem to buy older used players. But, for the price I just had to try listening to this highly reguarded Cary player. I'm now wondering what the 303T Cary sounds like. I may have to wait several years to find out as the current asking price is to rich for me. My humble dated system sounds pretty good to my dated ears...
Hi Exocet954,I understand the finances you want to spend,regardless I recommend moving on from cary audio,there is so much to choose from used here on audiogon that blows everthing cary out of the water!I would start with Ayon digital used equipment,you can not go wrong with this,thou,everthing else I own is American!,but the Ayon I own,Happy listening!
Audiolabyrinth,

Thank you for the comments. Yes, the Ayon used looks like a great player. Ayon has some of the best reviews out there. Not crazy about a top loader. I know I'm late to the game here. But, I'm "slowly" making progress.

I like what I hear now...but, change is good!
Hi Exocet954,Yes the top loader is a pain in the xxx if you put the player in a rack versus on top,the transport you are speaking of is used by some of the worlds best digital companys out there,Audio research is one company that uses this transport in the cd-8,there top of the line player!,you get alot of performane with this transport,I only recommend The Ayon 2s,5s,3s,players,they are made in Austria in house with top notch quality control versus the other players they make that are sourced out,that may give you problems.cheers!
Not familiar with the CD500 but I own the 306/200 and I've been happy with my choice over the years. The HDCD decoding is an added benefit. I have no problem with the remote. In fact, I hate plastic remotes.

What I would like to know is has anyone paired this with a newer DAC and what were the results. I'm also thinking of upgrading the unit although it appears to be a rather pricey option.

http://www.asi-tek.com/cary3.html